With the opening of Meta’s annual Connect conference today, a ton of new gear is available. A Meta Quest 3 update is coming soon; are you ready? Not enough time to tune in live? It is acceptable; we have included a summary of the essential points from the keynote below. plus what was absent as well. Naturally, we mean the metaverse when we say that.
Meta Quest 3
Think of this as a special treat in exchange for having to wait an additional half hour for the keynote to start. Introducing Meta’s Quest 3, the headset model with enhanced visuals, higher resolution screens, and passthrough technology. A teasing for Meta Quest for business was also included.
- Ten times more pixels make up full-color passthrough technology than it did before.
- 110-degree viewing angle.
- The recently unveiled Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 Gen 2 processor powers the system.
- Sells for $500 retail.
- A six-month membership to Quest+ VR.
- An upcoming “virtual playground for your mind” called Headspace.
- Customizing your physical space using “augments.”
Xbox Cloud Gaming
The CEO of Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, revealed the upcoming Meta Quest software along with the hardware announcement. Include Roblox.
- A virtual display that can move about in a mixed reality or virtual reality environment.
- Looks to be resizable and repositionable.
- Arriving in December.
Fun things come with Emu, Meta’s new basic model for picture production. One is that Meta’s messaging applications will soon support generative AI stickers. In only a few seconds, users will be able to create original AI stickers for Facebook Stories, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and other Meta applications.
Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses
In the market for new glasses? Meta’s latest smart glasses, the Ray-Bans, have you covered.
- There are two circular modules on the side of each eye that house a 12-megapixel camera and an LED light that can be flipped on to let others know you’re filming.
- With the glasses, you may broadcast live to your friends and followers.
- When you take into account the color, style, and lenses of the frame, there are over 150 different design combinations.
- In some markets, preorders are currently accepted. The starting price for regular lenses is $299. $329 for polarized run and $379 for transitions.
- Text translation will be available shortly.
With the introduction of several new AI-powered bots across its messaging applications, Meta is clearly vying for a spot at the AI chatbot table. One is Meta AI, an AI helper that will soon be available for Meta’s recently unveiled Quest 3 VR gear. In a group conversation, it may assist with travel planning, offer answers to general queries, and search the internet using Microsoft’s Bing to deliver search results instantly.
Today, Meta also unveiled AI Studio, a platform that allows companies to create AI chatbots for Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, and other company messaging platforms. Companies will be able to “create AIs that reflect their brand’s values and improve customer service experiences” using AI Studio, starting with Messenger, the firm claims. To begin with, it is only accessible in alpha.